New Atheism is basically acting like a five year old while you puff out your chest and tell people you’re not scared of the dark.
me: where do you live?
vegan: I’m a vegan
Non-vegans wish this is how it went.
It’s actually more like …
non-vegan: where do you live?
vegan: I live righ—
non-vegan: DON’T YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T GET YOUR PROTEIN WITHOUT MEAT AND I BUY MY MILK FROM FREE-RANGE CHICKENS DON’T TELL ME I DON’T CARE NOT LIKE IT MATTERS ANIMALS AREN’T PEOPLE ANYWAY I DON’T KNOW WHY YOU’RE SO PUSHY WITH YOUR BELIEFS
This doesn’t make any sense. In the alternate universe you’ve created here, the non-vegan doesn’t know that the vegan is vegan yet, so how are they able to attack the vegan for their beliefs? Welp, better fill in this plot hole with some head cannon: upon meeting, the vegan was wearing a t-shirt that said “I’m a vegan, and vegan means I’m better than you, you damn dirty carnivore.” And then, when the non-vegan asked the vegan where they lived, the vegan started to point toward their shirt, which the vegan had been sensually stroking for the length of the conversation.
Either that or the vegan was just imagining their own victimization. They tend to do that, because contrary to what vegans believe, nobody cares that you’re vegan, and most people don’t care about anything you do ever.
all i do is joke
i do not like when people i do not know try to joke in deprecating ways.
we are not familiar.
when you say some shitty stuff about me, im not gon take it as a joke
ima take it as you being a fucking willful offensive asshole
or you being an asshole who doesnt understand fucking boundaries
i will not like your ass!
I’ve paid taxes before and I’ve been raped. Do you want to know what two things are nothing like one another? Taxes and rape.
I’m not going to have this conversation with adults.
Bye, Tumblr. Have a lovely evening and grow up.
I think I’m gonna write a book about werewolves.
If you’re reading this from the future, let it be known your dad was a cool guy in his day.
- In America, we spend 3.6 billion dollars a year in border control.
- Still, there are 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States.
- The cost of naturalizing one person is $655.
- Now, let’s say there are 2,750,000 families worth of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. (based on taking the 11 million people and dividing it by four).
- It would cost us 7.2 billion dollars to naturalize all those people.
- However, the average family of four pays 20.7% of their annual income in income taxes.
- Let’s say each of those families has a combined income of $22,000 a year (a fairly low estimate, I think).
- Each family, once naturalized, would pay $4,554 dollars a year in income taxes.
- Now, sales tax is around 9.7%.
- Families of four, on average, spend about $15,600 a year on expenses.
- Therefore, each family would spend about $1,513 a year in sales tax.
- Undocumented immigrants contribute 4.1 billion dollars a year in sales tax.
- Upon naturalization, they would contribute 12.5 billion dollars a year in income tax.
- With an initial investment of 7.2 billion dollars the U.S. stands to gain 16.6 billion dollars per year in the naturalization of undocumented immigrants.
Math is not my strong point, so maybe I’m missing something here, but it seems like naturalization for undocumented immigrants is super duper fiscally conservative. Why come Republicans don’t support it?
Oh wait. Racism.
This is a police drawing of the non-existent black woman whom Bethany Storro said threw acid in her face (via abagond). Abagond lists other famous examples of the “phantom black assailant” phenomenon:
1923: Fannie Taylor – covered up a violent love affair with a white man by saying that it was a black man who had beat her up. As the story spread, rape and robbery were soon added. Whites burned down the nearby black town of Rosewood, Florida. At least six blacks and two whites were killed.
1995: Susan Smith – said a black man took her car at gunpoint with her two little boys still in it and drove it into a lake. It turns out she was the one who drove the car into the lake to kill her sons.
2008: Joseph C. Vignola, Jr – said he was having sex with a call girl when a “light-skinned black man” burst into the hotel room and cut her throat. But it was Vignola who cut her throat, taking back his money and leaving her for dead.
2008: Ashley Todd – said she was robbed at gunpoint at a bank machine by “six-foot-four African American of medium build, dressed in dark clothes wearing shiny shoes”. When he saw the McCain sticker on her car he cut a B on her cheek and said, “You are going to be a Barack supporter.” Police noticed the B was backwards: she had done it to herself using a mirror.
2009: Bonnie Sweeten – hoping to disappear with money she took from her employer, called the police to tell them that she and her nine-year-old daughter had been forced into the trunk of a car by two black car thieves. The police found her and her daughter – at Disney World!
2010: Robert Ralston – himself a police officer, said a black man with “cornrows” and a “mark or tattoo under his left eye” put a gun to his head and wound up shooting him in the shoulder. After a huge manhunt the police found the shooter: Ralston himself!
2010: Bethany Storro – said that a black woman came up to her outside of a Starbucks and asked, “Hey pretty girl, want something to drink?” and then threw acid in her face. But it was Storro herself who put acid on her face.
and these are only the ones where what actually happened came out. think of how many times innocent black people were killed or punished for white people’s shit.